Trying the Whole Custom Doll Thing... Again: Monster High Abbey to Rainbow Dash

We are totally determined to get this whole custom doll thing down right... I mean, how cool is it to be able to change a doll to fit your style! So when my daughter asked me to make a Rainbow Dash, I jumped at the challenge!
And for the most part, I really like the way she came out, (the lips were a real challenge for me, I tried painting them first but that was an epic fail, I just could not get the paint to smooth out, so to prevent myself from going crazy I opted for  chalk pastels - tip: too much nail polish remover can start to tint the doll's skin pink ( non-acetone only comes in pink... at least that is all I could find ), so try not to use too much), but more importantly, my daughter loves having a my little pony that can go to school with her  monster high dolls XD
here is a doll review of the My Little Pony Equestria Girls and we added our Monster High customization at the end.
We used a rerooting method to change her hair color and we have had less shedding than our factory made dolls, but many people have suggested that we apply glue to the inside of the head next time... maybe a fabric glue will work best... I don't know, I guess I will have to try it and find out... well, I am off to find more Monster High dolls to transform into pony girls :o) this is too much fun!

happy custom crafting :oD

Popular Posts