Make an American Boy! for less


At $105 dollars a pop I was unwilling to do this experiment with a real American Girl, so I found that a Springfield Doll from Michael's with a 40% off coupon would do just as well... well, with a few adjustments...
 ...the doll was priced at $21.99 but like I mentioned earlier, I had a 40% off coupon which made it only $13.20 plus tax... CAN'T BEAT THAT! So, I started by cutting all its hair off, and I trimmed the eyelashes down...
... then I used nail polish remover to take off the lipstick, but in retrospect I should have just painted over them in the first place because I turned his lips yellow :o/  ... and I had to use acrylic craft paint  to repaint his lips in a shade a little darker than his skin tone... I also painted his eyebrows a little thicker...
... dressed him up in a soccer uniform from Michael's that cost $7.99 for the outfit and $7.99 for the shoes... 
and I was done... easy as apple pie :o)
Happy Crafting

Popular Posts